Our CEO isn’t perfect (he knows that). Our company isn't perfect (we know that). That’s why Memory is looking for an exceptional individual to come on board as COO to accelerate our growth as a world-class company. It's a difficult job to explain, but we're looking for a Sheryl Sandberg to a Mark Zuckerberg. A Tim Cook to a Steve Jobs. A master executioner to a product visionary.
We know the direction we want to go in and we thrive in breaking down doors to get there. But we need someone to help design and orchestrate the execution, making sure we get everyone through the same door with the urgency and skills required. Our team loves to disrupt and move fast, but with a 50-person-strong team that will quickly grow to 100, there are a lot of moving pieces.
You've probably run a company before or held very top leadership positions. You're very organized and the departments you've led run like clockwork. You know how to scale. You're better qualified than our CEO in many areas, and are ready to have healthy debate and discussion with him to create the very best company possible.
Working first and foremost with our CEO, you will also work closely with the rest of the executive team in a highly collaborative environment on key business, financial and operational routines, and special initiatives. You need to be data-driven, results-oriented, a great team player, and looking to build something incredible with us.
- Work with corporate and department leadership on key profit and growth initiatives
- Provide leadership to facilitate corporate goals and act as a sounding board for the CEO on a variety of subjects
- Own business profit and performance analysis
- Coordinate monthly financial and operational reporting
- Drive standardization of financial policies across departments
- Review and assess system capabilities and compatibility with business needs
- Build strong relationships across the organization to ensure cross-functional collaboration
- Manage other business and financial initiatives as assigned
- Proven experience in building, mentoring, motivating, and leading high-performance teams that attract and retain top talent
- Strong background in operational finance in SaaS or startups is plus
- Detail-oriented and willing to roll up sleeves to accomplish stretch objectives
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent spoken and written communication, familiar with asynchronous remote ways of working
- Great initiative, enthusiasm, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Join a fast-growing startup at the perfect growth stage
- Competitive compensation package and stock options
- Single-founder company, so simple decision making
- Work from the coolest office in Oslo, Memory HQ with awesome lunch, drinks, snacks, and coffee
- Loose vacation policy
- A diverse, inclusive, and high-performance culture