We’re looking for a full-time UX designer with a proven track record to help us build and ship exceptional user interfaces and experiences. Does this sound like you? Then keep on reading!
WE ARE MEMORY
At Memory, we believe knowledge work is broken, but with your help we might just fix it. Powered by artificial intelligence and 50 brilliant minds, we craft software that helps people do their very best work. That includes you – we trust you to work on your own terms, define your schedule and directly influence where we’re headed. You know where you're most productive, which is why you can work from our Oslo HQ, or remotely from the anywhere, the Americas or India (Pune). Whatever works; we’re here for your best.
About the role
UX designers play a key role in our product exploration and development process. You will be an important bridge between disciplines, and balance discovery and validation with craft and execution. Enabling us to better understand user behaviour and to turn team goals into viable and effective solutions.
- You have experience with iterative product development. We assume you have excellent knowledge in UI/UX principles, design thinking, best practices, and common design tools (i.e Figma).
- You love collaborating with different stakeholders and team members in engineering, design, sales and more. You have a large tool box and tricks up your sleeve to facilitate the design process to get the most value out of your team.
- You are curious, innovative, generous with your knowledge. You appreciate to give and receive feedback and help promote an inclusive and inspiring environment.
- Together with the team, you analyze and create actionable user insights from qualitative and quantitative data. Working user centric is important to you. You are happy take the users side in team arguments, and to remind your team about the user whenever they get too deep in internal assumptions.
- You use maps, flows and rough concepts to quickly validate ideas before they go into high fidelity and edge cases. You balance user value with business goals in an effective way, and follow your design solutions throughout all stages of development to ensure quality and consistency of the product.
- Are used to remote work with all the benefits and challenges it brings.
- You are located in Europe-compatible timezones, the Americas or around Pune, India, with remote working experience.
- 4+ years of UXD experience, with a proven track record.
- You have been a key part of shipping real products to real users in the past
- You have sufficient technical understanding to make informed design decisions.
- You take pride in the work you do
- You have experience collaborating on large design projects and systems, ideally in Figma.
- You have HTML/CSS/JS experience.
- You are familiar with ReactJS, and you consider Components and re-usability in your designs.
- You hate time tracking too.
What we can offer:
- Work with a highly skilled and diverse team across the globe.
- A competitive compensation package and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Flexible working hours and complete ownership over your schedule
- Autonomy as a master of your own work
- Direct influence over where we’re headed
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We aim for an efficient, responsive experience. After a screening and portfolio review, you'll talk with some of our product people, and presume a good fit, we continue with a small design challenge — live or async.
If all goes according to plan, a final interview with Head of Product will seal the deal.